Wednesday, March 11, 2009

three.

So I thought that I would write a happy blog today because I know how lame it can be to read someone's blog that is always full of complaining, anger and self-pity.   Then I realized, one of the only times I ever really feel like is writing is when I'm unhappy!  Therefore I am NOT turning a new leaf today and will continue to write about how unsatisfied I am with my life (sad, yes).   

In retrospect, I should've entitled my blog, "carissa complains a lot" in lieu of "carissa explains it all" because the only thing I seem to be explaining is my bitterness with the world right now (even sadder, but at least I can admit it).

I am so ready for a change.  These past few years of college / post-collegiate life have been a great experience.  I've made some wonderful friends, met a lot of acquaintances; yet, I still feel discontent with the current state of things.  I feel like I am finally discovering who I am as a person and while I'm not fully there yet, each day I grow closer to knowing "me."  

I am someone who is passionate about life and living.  I am someone who is caring and thoughtful.  I am someone who would give the shirt off my back to a good friend if needed.  I am someone who loves to go out and have a good time, but doesn't mind staying-in and watching a good movie either.  I am someone who likes to dance around in her underwear in front of the bathroom mirror.  I am someone who wants to be surrounded by like-minded people with like-minded goals and values; surrounded by people who would give me their shirt if I ever needed it...

and sadly, I don't think I've met a lot of people who would give me their shirt (hypothetically speaking of course).  

Like my bff says, I guess I'm just a fish that has outgrown her fishbowl.  

Now for at least a tiny-snippet of glass-half-full thought, I'm flying into Portland tomorrow for an interview with Portland State University's counseling graduate program!  It's for the the marriage, family, and couples counseling program -- something that I have a HUGE, intense love-affair with.   Can I turn those minutes, hours, days, weeks, months, and years of reading relationship articles into an actual career...?  Only time will tell.  I will say this, though, I have a huge (for lack for a better word) boner for the city of Portland.  Future home for my future life of fabulosity?  Sha-wing! 

portland3.jpg


Loving. It.

1 comment:

  1. I support your boner for Portland. Your photo doesn't show up properly for some reason, fyi.

    We must get out of these fishbowls.

    ReplyDelete